Pupil Premium Grant
This is additional funding available to school. It is available for any child who would qualify for free school meals due to their family income, both UIFSM and IRFSM.
The money can be used by school to help to provide more support to the children, to help develop children’s academic progress, their self esteem or their social and emotional skills.
For each child registered, the school will receive:
- £1320 for pupils in reception through to Year 6
- £935 for pupils in years 7 through to 11
- £1900 for pupils who have left local authority care through adoption/special guardianship order/child arrangements order/residence order
Income related free school meals
Your child or children can get a Free School Meal if you, your partner or the child is receiving one of the benefits below
- Income support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA(IB)) - Not JSA(Contribution based)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA(IR)
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Universal Credit
If you have recently become unemployed or have reduced your working hours and have been granted the four week working tax credits run on, then you may be entitled to free school meals. Please call our Schools Team on 0300 123 5012 for advice.
Universal infant free school meals (UIFSM)
For all Key Stage 1 children, Reception to Year 2 – this scheme is not based on your family income, any pupil up to Key Stage 2 can get a free meal automatically.
Contact details for Cheshire East schools are available via the school finder
Income related free school meals (IRFSM)
For all children from Key Stage 2 onwards, Year 3 to Year 11 – your family income is used to assess entitlement to this scheme.
How to claim for free school meals or pupil premium
- Please complete an online application form www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/fsm
- Phone 0300 123 5012
- Pop into the school office.
- They will use the Government eligibility checker to confirm your entitlement; if successful your claim can begin the same day. If your claim is not successful or if they need you to send more proof they will contact you by phone or email, your entitlement will only begin once this information is provided.