School Meal Information
Mrs Whitmore is our Catering Supervisor and she is helped by Mrs Kertolli, Mrs Blears and Mrs Burgess. Mrs Whitmore likes to dress up to serve our lunches so don't be surprised if you see her in witches costume or dressed as a minion!
If your child has a packed lunch from home please remember NUTS (tubs or packs in chocolate bars etc) are not permitted due to some children having serious nut allergies.
Meet our fabulous Midday Assistant team.
Miss M Brookes
Miss R Summers
Mrs J Bryant
Mrs T Kerr
Miss D Delaney
The midday supervisors support our children every lunch time. They help the younger children with their lunch and are available for the older children in the eating areas.
Once outside the midday supervisors are in each key stage. They have a daily schedule of activities and games. We have designated quiet areas so children may read. During the summer months we use the field. We have cricket, tennis, football but to name a few. We have benches around the field where children can relax and draw, read or just chat with their friends. During the rest of the time or when it’s too wet to use the field we have plenty of structured activities on the playgrounds and we are fortunate to have our new all-weather pitch which is really popular with the children!
Income related free school meals
Your child or children can get a Free School Meal if you, your partner or the child is receiving one of the benefits below
- Income support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA(IB)) - Not JSA(Contribution based)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA(IR)
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Universal Credit
If you have recently become unemployed or have reduced your working hours and have been granted the four week working tax credits run on, then you may be entitled to free school meals. Please call our Schools Team on 0300 123 5012 for advice.
Universal infant free school meals (UIFSM)
For all Key Stage 1 children, Reception to Year 2 – this scheme is not based on your family income, any pupil up to Key Stage 2 can get a free meal automatically.
Income related free school meals (IRFSM)
For all children from Key Stage 2 onwards, Year 3 to Year 11 – your family income is used to assess entitlement to this scheme.
How to claim for free school meals or pupil premium
- Please complete an online application form www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/fsm
- Phone 0300 123 5012
- Pop into the school office.
- They will use the Government eligibility checker to confirm your entitlement; if successful your claim can begin the same day. If your claim is not successful or if they need you to send more proof they will contact you by phone or email, your entitlement will only begin once this information is provided.